Civey is the leading opinion tech company in Germany
We are at the forefront of a new generation of public opinion research. Instead of outdated methods we rely on digital technologies to pioneer high quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to access the results of our work.
More than 1,5 Million verified participants
We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 25.000 web pages we constantly gather data while employing state of the art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With 20 million answered surveys each month we run the largest opinion panel in Germany, with nearly every major German media outlet employing our data.
Now we are looking for you!
This is just the beginning. If you want to help transform the path of traditional opinion research and you live for new technologies, we are looking for you. You should have a confident, self-motivated and structured approach to new challenges, while aiming to higher standards than most. Sound good?
Your Job: You are responsible for turning scientific concepts into efficient algorithms
- You are responsible to improve methodological and technological aspects of our algorithms. You work closely together with the R Engineers, Product Managers und BI-Analysts in our Data & Statistics team
- Together, you will constantly work on improving the quality of our realtime representative results by translating the scientific concepts of our researchers into stable and efficient algorithms
- Our source code is written in R and Python and hosted as private R packages. We have automated unit testing of our algorithms and collaborate and share code via GitHub
What we expect: You are a great statistician and proficient in R
- You have a MSc degree in Statistics or a similar degree and 2+ years relevant professional experience
- You are proficient in R and have first experience in developing algorithms
- You have a solid theoretical background in statistics
- You know how to translate theoretical concepts and ideas into well structured code for real-life applications
- You have worked with Git, SQL and R development tools before
- You have heard about tidyverse and unit testing
- Bonus: You have experience in integrating a statistical data-pipeline in a production setup
- Bonus: You have Python skills
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: We’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: Our team is from China, Italy, Brasil, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. Those who want can join our weekly German course.
- Visa support: We support our candidates throughout the whole visa process.
- Personal development: We promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply at Civey.
- Fair deal: We’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency - this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: Our office is located between Mitte and Kreuzberg, close to Moritzplatz.
- Training: We cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: We cover your gym contract.
- Good start into the day: We offer you a healthy breakfast and fresh coffee.
- Team Events: Celebrate with your colleagues on a regular basis.
- Technical equipment: We’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be able to work efficiently.
- Ask-me-Anything: Every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: We have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-ups, review meetings and retrospectives.Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
Please only apply via civey.breezy.hr
We’re looking forward to your application including a complete CV and salary expectations. Please only apply via https://civey.breezy.hr/.