Civey is the leading opinion tech company in germany
We are the new generation of public opinion research, pioneering high-quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to know the world’s intentions.
Five Million have already signed up
We explore and push the boundaries of what’s possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 20.000 websites we continuously collect data and employ state-of-the-art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With 5M+ registered users we run the largest opinion-panel in Germany and almost every large German media outlet is working with our data.
Now we are looking for you!
But this is just the beginning. If you want to take a part in a disruptive change in opinion research and your heart beats faster when it comes to technology, we are looking for you. You should have a confident and striving personality and be capable to structure your work on you own. Sounds good? Get in touch with us!
Your Job: You are responsible for building the frontend of Civey
- You will work with an excellent team you can learn a lot from and that will always appreciate your ideas
- You develop, test, document and maintain our JS driven web application. We strive to ensure code quality with reviews, pair-programming and alignment with strong engineering principles and standards
- As part of the Dev Team, you get to work closely with our Devops Engineers, Data Engineers, Product Owners and Designers
- Our source code is hosted on GitHub and our libraries are hosted as private npm modules. We do code reviews with pull requests, we do automated testing and our release process is fully automated by our CI/CD system.
- Your work will be seen by millions of visitors through our partners’ websites, including top German media outlets like Spiegel Online, Tagesspiegel, Change.org, Die Welt and a lot more.
What we expect: You are great in building highly functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic interfaces
- You have at least 3 years of experience working as a developer and can provide good insights on the tradeoffs between frontend JS frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, etc.
- Developing highly functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic, JS-driven interfaces is no problem for you.
- You have an eye for UI/UX and accessibility and you're familiar with the challenges of modern web development.
- You have worked with node.js before to build the backend for a web application and know how to talk to a database or are interested in learning about this aspect of web development.
- Having experience with React would be a plus, but is definitely not a requirement.
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: we’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: our team is from China, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. But we like hanging out in Berlin.
- Personal development: we promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply to Civey.
- Fair deal: we’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency - this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: our office is in Kreuzberg by the canal.
- Training: we cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: we cover your gym contract.
- Team dinner: celebrate with your colleagues every six weeks.
- Drinks and fruits: free for everyone.
- Technical equipment: MacBook or Linux computer, noise cancelling head phones, iPhone X and more - we’ll provide you with optimal equipment.
- Ask-me-Anything: every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: we have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-up meetings, review and retrospectives.
- Equity: we offer you to become a shareholder in Civey through our ESOP programme.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
Please only apply via civey.breezy.hr
We’re looking forward to your application including a complete CV and salary expectations. Please only apply via https://civey.breezy.hr/.