Civey is the leading opinion tech company in germany
We are the new generation of public opinion research, pioneering high-quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to know the world’s intentions.
Five Million have already signed up
We explore and push the boundaries of what’s possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 20.000 websites we continuously collect data and employ state-of-the-art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With 5M+ registered users we run the largest opinion-panel in Germany and almost every large German media outlet is working with our data.
Now we are looking for you!
But this is just the beginning. If you want to take a part in a disruptive change in opinion research and your heart beats faster when it comes to technology, we are looking for you. You should have a confident and striving personality and be capable to structure your work on you own. Sounds good? Get in touch with us!
Your Job: Leading our R Engineering Team
- Together with our Head of Data & Statistics, you are leading our data & statistics team where you are responsible for the methodological and technical development of our algorithms
- As a part of the data & statistics team you are directly responsible for leading our R developers personally and professionally
- Together, you will constantly improve the quality of our realtime representative results by translating the scientific concepts our Researchers develop into stable and efficient algorithms
- Our source code is written in R and hosted as private R packages. We have automated unit testing of our algorithms and collaborate and share code via GitHub
- You thoroughly understand statistical models and methods and are able to lay out and explain them for our developers to turn them into code and scripts
- You support our Head of Data and Statistics with scientific co-operations and publications
What we expect: You are a great statistician and a expert in R
- You have a MSc degree in Statistics or a similar degree and 4+ years relevant professional experience
- You are an expert in R and proficient in developing algorithms
- You have a very strong theoretical background in statistics
- You know how to translate theoretical concepts and ideas into well structured code for real-life applications
- You have worked with Git, SQL and R development tools before
- You have heard of S3/S4 classes and methods as well as unit testing
- You have first experience in leading a team
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: we’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: our team is from China, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. But we like hanging out in Berlin.
- Personal development: we promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply to Civey.
- Fair deal: we’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency - this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: our office is in Kreuzberg by the canal.
- Training: we cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: we cover your gym contract.
- Team dinner: celebrate with your colleagues every six weeks.
- Drinks and fruits: free for everyone.
- Technical equipment: MacBook or Linux computer, noise cancelling head phones, iPhone X and more - we’ll provide you with optimal equipment.
- Ask-me-Anything: every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: we have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-up meetings, review and retrospectives.
- Equity: we offer you to become a shareholder in Civey through our ESOP programme.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
Please only apply via civey.breezy.hr
We’re looking forward to your application including a complete CV and salary expectations. Please only apply via https://civey.breezy.hr/.