Civey is the leading opinion tech company in Germany
We are at the forefront of a new generation of public opinion research. Instead of outdated methods we rely on digital technologies to pioneer high quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to access the results of our work.
More than six Million have already signed up
We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 25.000 websites we constantly gather data while employing state of the art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With 20M+ voters we run the largest opinion panel in Germany, with nearly every major German media outlet employing our data.
Now we are looking for you!
This is just the beginning. If you want to help transform the path of traditional opinion research and you live for new technologies, we are looking for you. You should have a confident, self-motivated and structured approach to new challenges, while aiming to higher standards than most. Sound good?
Your Job: You are responsible for building the server-side of Civey
- As a Senior Software Engineer you build the server-side of Civey using modern web-technologies.
- You will will develop new features with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and frontend, data, and quality engineers.
- You will work closley together with our skilled dev ops and data & statistics team and take of our data intensive applications at large scale.
- Our source code is hosted on GitHub and our libraries are hosted as private npm modules. We do code reviews with pull requests, we do automated testing and our release process is fully automated by our CI/CD system.
What we expect: You are great in building data intensive applications
- You have extensive experience in building data intensive applications at large scale.
- You are familiar with HTTP, REST and web application development.
- You have outstanding SQL skills and have ideally worked with PostgreSQL or other relational database before. Knowledge of real-time messaging architecture is a plus.
- You have worked with git and github before.
- You enjoy working independently and appreciate ownership of projects.
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: we’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: our team is from China, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. But we like hanging out in Berlin.
- Personal development: we promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply to Civey.
- Fair deal: we’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency - this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: our office is in Kreuzberg by the canal.
- Training: we cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: we cover your gym contract.
- Team Events: celebrate with your colleagues on a regular basis
- Drinks and fruits: free for everyone.
- Technical equipment: MacBook or Linux computer, noise cancelling head phones and more - we’ll provide you with optimal equipment.
- Ask-me-Anything: every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: we have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-up meetings, review and retrospectives.
- Equity: we offer you to become a shareholder in Civey through our ESOP programme.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
Please only apply via civey.breezy.hr
We’re looking forward to your application including a complete CV and salary expectations. Please only apply via https://civey.breezy.hr/.